Primary Base Stats

Apr 29, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I've never used codeplex before so didn't try to commit anything but the primary base stats are not being calculated correctly anymore.

Changed the getBaseStats function to this:
function getBaseStats(cls, lvl, comp) {

var ret = {};

ret[primaryByCls[cls]] = 50 + Math.min(lvl,50) * 4 + Math.max((lvl-50),0)*30;
        ret[secondaryByCls[cls]] = 20 + lvl * 1.6;
        ret['Endurance'] = 45 + lvl * 3.6;

ret['Presence'] = 45 + lvl * 3.6;

ret['Health'] = healthLookup[lvl];
        for (var i = 0; i < baseStats.length; i++) {
            if (ret[baseStats[i]] == null)
                ret[baseStats[i]] = 10 + lvl * 0.8;
        }

return ret;
    }
There could be an cleaner way of doing this but it gets the job done.
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Cool -- I'll add that to the code.

If you ever want to make your own changes directly, first create your own Fork. Then you can do as many local commits as you want using mercurial. When your changes are ready to go back into the main project, you can push them to your fork, then submit a pull request. A developer on the project (just me atm) will review the change and merge it into the main code.
Apr 30, 2013 at 4:28 AM
Thanks Yellowfive, that post was actually really helpful, I've never used CodePlex either so I was a bit lost. Are yall currently looking for developers? I would really like to help as much as I can and keep making contributions to the project.
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Yes -- we're looking for anyone who is interested in contributing! There are two main parts: character stats, and item data. We're looking for anyone interested in contributing to either of those projects, or even people interested in being a main coordinator for one of those (i.e. the person who handles merging other users' changes).

For those new to mercurial and/or codeplex, here's another useful article:

https://codeplex.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Updating%20a%20Fork%20with%20Changes%20from%20the%20Master%20Repository

The basic flow is:
  1. Create your own fork.
  2. Make whatever changes you like, doing as many local commits and pushes to your own fork on codeplex as you like.
  3. Submit a pull request to the project manager/developers when you want your code to go into the main branch.
  4. Someone will look at it and accept or reject your pull request -- if it is accepted, it will be merged into the main branch.
  5. After your changes are accepted (or any time you want), follow the instructions in that article linked above to keep your personal fork up to date with the main branch.
May 1, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Unfortunately I am very busy at work this week, but I am very interested in making contributions, as well as helping being a coordinator on this project. I understand that AMR doesn't have a ton of resources for this project, and this surely beats me using my home-made spreadsheets to do all of these calculation.

I have read a lot into the stats stuff, and plan to go through and see what changes still need to be made on Friday when I have some more free time.